Walker Slurry Pump Compared with Warman® AH Slurry Pump
Walker Slurry pumps are interchangeable with the world’s standard Warman AH slurry pumps for heavy duties, A wide variety of impellers and shaft seals provide a perfect fit for a wide range of applications. The AH slurry pump provides excellent wear life while maintaining efficiency during the wear cycle providing the best total operating cost. These horizontal slurry pumps are designed for hyper-heavy-duty applications such as mill discharge, process plant, coal washing, dredging sands, tailings and high-pressure pipelines, as well as other specialty applications.
- Bearing assembly – a large diameter shaft with short overhang minimizes deflection and contributes to long bearing life. Only four through bolts are required to hold the cartridge type housing in the frame.
- Liners – easily replaceable liners are bolted, not glued, to the casing for positive attachment and east of maintenance. Hard metal liners are completely interchangeable with pressure moulded elastomers.
- Elastomer seal rings back all liner joints.
- Casing – Casing halves of cast or ductile iron with external reinforcing ribs provide high operating pressure capabilities and an extra measure of safety.
- Impeller – front and rear shrouds have pump out vanes that reduce recirculation and seal contamination. Hard metal and moulded elastomer impellers are completely interchangeable.
- Cast in impeller threads require no inserts or nuts. High efficiency and high head designs are also available.
- Throatbush – wear is reduced and maintenance simplified by the use of tapered mating faces to allow positive accurate alignment during assembly and simple removal.
- One-piece frame – a very robust one-piece frame cradles the cartridge type bearing and shaft assembly.
- An external impeller adjustment mechanism is provided below the bearing housing for easy adjustment of impeller clearance
Mining & Mineral Processing
The slow running speeds of the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump, together with the comprehensive choice of abrasion resistant alloys and elastomers, provide unrivalled performance and service life for all abrasive mining and minerals processing applications.
The interchangeability of alloy and elastomer components in the same pump casing, together with a wide range of mechanical seals, make the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump the most flexible choice for the chemical plant environment.
Sand & Gravel
Designed for easy and simple strip down and reassembly, the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump minimises downtime, making it the ideal choice where installed stand by pumps are not available.
The premium reliability and service life of the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump is specified by many sugar plant engineers worldwide where uninterrupted pump operation during the sugar campaign is a critical requirement.
Flue Gas Desulphurisation
The new generation of specially formulated abrasion and corrosion resistant alloys, together with the very latest elastomer technology, positions Walker Pumps firmly as a major supplier of pumps to the FGD industry.
Oil & Gas Exploration
Over a number of years we have developed the proven design of the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump ranges to suit the specific demands of offshore applications. We can now offer the most reliable top side solution to erosive wear.
Wherever abrasive solids are causing premature failure of pumps, the Walker AH Heavy Duty Slurry Pump range has the right combination of performance, wear life and reliability to bring the customer the lowest cost of ownership.
Walker Pump is a registered trademark and does not represent or is not in any way affiliated with Warman® of Weir Minerals Group. All names,numbers, symbols and descriptions are used for reference purpose only and do not imply that any pumps or parts listed is the product of Warman Pumps.
* Walker Slurry Pump and spares are only interchangeable with Warman® AH slurry pumps and spares.
* This document is the property of Walker Pump and can be neither reproduced nor disclosed to a third party without a written authorization.