Types Of Pumps
Pump is equipment for conveying or supercharging liquids. It transfers the Mechanical Energy or other external energy of the prime mover to the liquids. Then increasing the liquid energy. The pump is mainly used to transport water, oil, acid and alkali liquid, emulsion, suspension emulsion and liquid metal. Also transport liquid, gas mixture and slurry. This article will introduce the types of pumps.
According to the principle of the pump
1. Vane Pump: Impeller high-speed rotating mechanical energy conversion liquid pressure energy due to the impeller bending and twisted blades. so it is called the Vane pump. Vane pump can be divided into the centrifugal pump and an axial-flow pump.
①Centrifugal pump: depend on the impeller rotating inertial Centrifugal pumping liquid;
②Axial-flow Pump: depend on rotating impeller to produce axial thrust pumping liquid.
2. Displacement pump: The use of the studio volume periodic changes in the transmission of liquid. Such as piston pump, diaphragm pump, gear pump, screw pump, etc.
3. Other pumps: Jet Pump, hydraulic ram pump, electromagnet pump and so on.
Types of centrifugal pumps that according to the structure
1. The spindle position
①Horizontal pump: The spindle places horizontally.
②Oblique pump: The spindle and the horizontal plane place at a fixed angle;
③Vertical Pump: The spindle places perpendicular to the horizontal plane
2. Impeller suction type
①Single suction pump: liquid One end in and one end out.
②Double suction pump: two back to back impeller combined, from the impeller flow into a volute
3. Impeller series
①Single-stage pump: only one impeller.
②multistage pump: two impellers or more.
4. Pump body form
②Double volute pump
Of course, the types of pumps are more than above mention pump.
Application of pump in various fields
1. In the production of chemical and petroleum sectors, raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products are mostly liquids. And the production of raw materials into semi-finished products and finished products requires a complex process. Pumps are used to transport liquids and provide the pressure and flow of chemical reactions in these processes. In addition, pumps use to regulate the temperature in many installations.
2. In agricultural production, the pump is the main drainage and irrigation machinery. China’s vast rural areas, every year in rural areas need a large number of pumps. Generally speaking, agricultural pumps accounted for more than half of the total output.
3. Pumps are also the most commonly used equipment in the mining and metallurgical industries. The mine needs to use the pump to drainage. In the beneficiation, the smelting and the rolling process, they need the pump to supply the water.
4. In the power sector, nuclear power plants need single-stage pumps, secondary pumps, tertiary pumps. thermal power plants need a large number of boiler feed pumps, condensate pumps, circulating water pumps and ash pumps.
5. In the construction of the national defense, the adjustment of the flap, the tail rudder and the landing gear of the aircraft, the rotation of the gun turrets of warships and tanks, and the sinking and floating of submarines all need pumps. High pressure and radioactive liquid, some also require the pump without any leakage.
6. In the shipbuilding industry, each ocean-going ship generally used in more than 100 pumps. Its type is also various. Others, for example, include urban water supply and drainage, steam locomotive water, lubrication and cooling in machine tools, transportation of bleach and dyes in the textile industry, paper pulp in the paper industry, and milk and sugar in the food industry. All the industries require a large number of pumps.