Characteristics And Applications Of Submersible Sand Pump
Submersible sand pump is also called submersible mortar pump and submersible sand suction pump. The pump flow parts are made of high-alloy wear-resistant materials, which have good wear resistance and large flow passages.
Structural features of submersible sand pump:
1. The whole machine is a dry pump type, and the motor adopts the oil chamber sealing method. There is a mechanical seal inside, which can effectively prevent high-pressure water and impurities from entering the inner cavity of the motor.
2. In addition to the main impeller, there is also a stirring impeller, which can stir the sludge deposited on the bottom of the water into a turbulent flow and then extract it. Simple operation, convenient use, high slag suction efficiency.
3. The flow-passing parts such as impeller and stirring impeller are made of high-hardness high-chromium cast steel. Wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, strong sewage discharge ability, can pass through larger solid particles.
4. The motor is submerged into the water, not limited by the suction range, the slag absorption rate is high, and the dredging is more thorough.
5. The overall equipment is simplified and the total investment of the unit is reduced.
Bottom valve characteristics of submersible sand pump
The bottom valve of the submersible sand suction pump is actually a kind of check valve, which plays a role in preventing the backflow of water. According to the material, the bottom valve can be divided into plastic bottom valve and Jinli bottom valve, and can also be divided into ordinary bottom valve and bottom valve with backwash water flow. The bottom valve of the submersible sand suction pump is composed of valve body, valve cover, valve disc, sealing ring and gasket. The valve disc of the bottom valve has several types such as single disc, double disc and multi disc. After the bottom valve is connected to the pipeline, the liquid medium enters the valve body from the direction of the valve cover. The pressure of the liquid acts on the valve disc, causing the valve disc to be opened to allow the medium to flow through. When the medium pressure in the valve body changes or disappears, the disc closes to prevent the medium from flowing back.
Bottom valves are mainly used in pumps and other mechanical equipment for handling slurry. Usually the bottom valve will be installed at the bottom of the pump’s underwater suction pipe to prevent the slurry from flowing back. The bottom valve is provided with multiple water inlets on the bonnet, and is equipped with a screen to reduce the inflow of debris and reduce the chance of blockage of the bottom valve. Although the bottom valve is equipped with an anti-clogging screen, the bottom valve is generally suitable for clean media, and it is not easy to use the bottom valve for media with excessive viscosity and particle size.
Features of the bottom valve of the submersible sand pump: The bottom valve is an energy-saving valve, which is generally installed at the bottom of the underwater suction pipe of the pump to limit the return of the liquid in the pump pipe to the water source, and has the function of only entering and exiting. There are many water inlets and reinforcing ribs on the valve cover, which is not easy to block, and is mainly used in the pipeline for pumping water.
Other names: Internal thread lifting bottom valve—bottom valve, suction valve, water filter valve, shower head; lifting bottom valve–flange bottom valve; swing bottom valve–flange swing well bottom valve.
The bottom valve is welded at the bottom of the container, so as to achieve the best effect of emptying, cleaning and disinfection. In addition, the working medium can be well mixed according to the various technological requirements in the operation process. The tank bottom valve is as close as possible to the bottom wall of the tank, so as to achieve the effect of no dead angle.
Application of submersible sand pump
The submersible sand pump is made of wear-resistant alloy, which has good wear resistance and corrosion resistance, large flow passage, strong sewage discharge capacity, and can pass through larger solid particles. It is widely used for sand pumping, gold sand pumping, iron sand pumping, reservoir dredging, river channel dredging, sedimentation tank dredging, fish pond sludge, caisson, mine sediment cleaning, coal slime pumping, fly ash treatment, etc.
The sand pump is coaxially submerged into the water by the motor and the water pump. The flow-passing parts of the pump are made of high-alloy wear-resistant materials, which have good wear resistance and large flow passages. The unique sealing device of the submersible sand suction pump can effectively balance the pressure inside and outside the oil chamber, and maximize the protection of the reliability of the mechanical seal. The motor adopts multiple protective measures such as overheat protection and water ingress detection protection, which can run safely for a long time under harsh working conditions. The pre-stirring impeller of the water pump can impact the deposited silt into a high-concentration turbulent flow, so that the water pump can achieve high-concentration silt suction without the need for ancillary devices.
The operating conditions of the submersible sand pump are as follows:
1. The power supply is 50Hz/380V three-phase AC power supply;
2. The medium temperature shall not exceed 40°C;
3. The maximum weight concentration of solid particles in the medium: 45% for ash and 60% for slag.
4. Unit diving depth: not more than 20 meters, not less than 1 meter;
5. The working position of the unit in the medium is vertical, and the working state is continuous.
Precautions for the application of submersible sand pump in the river
With the continuous development of the economy, people’s demand for submersible sand suction pumps is increasing. Especially what should be paid attention to when using submersible sand suction pumps in rivers?
1. When pumping sand in rivers, lakes and sea reservoirs, sometimes the pumped medium contains a small amount of small pebbles, which are easily adsorbed to the filter screen of the sand pump, affecting the water and sand on the sand pump. If you encounter this situation, you need to stop the machine and knock off the small stones on the filter before continuing to use it. If the small stones are not cleaned, the small stones will accumulate more and more on the filter screen, which will cause a significant decrease in the water supply of the sand pump, and even cause pipeline blockage. If when the pipeline length is relatively long, it takes a lot of manpower and time to clean up the blocked pipeline once.
2. When pumping sand in rivers, lakes and sea reservoirs, sometimes you may encounter a relatively hard site, and the sand layer collapses slowly or not in time. When encountering such an environment, the amount of sand supplied by the submersible sand suction pump will appear incoherent. If the sand pit is pumped relatively shallow, the surrounding sand cannot collapse, and there may be a situation where the water cannot be filled with sand. The sand pit can be properly pumped deeper, the deeper the sand pit, the higher the probability of the sand next to it collapsing. If the sand does not collapse at all, it can only be used with ammonium knife equipment and submersible sand suction pump.
3. In an environment with a relatively thick sand layer, during the use of the submersible sand suction pump, do not pump sand too deep at one time at the same place. When pumping 3-5 meters deep, move the floating body and then continue pumping. If the same place is pumped too deep, the sand layer is prone to collapse suddenly and bury the sand pump. The whole sand pump is buried by sand, and the pump cannot be lifted up. It is also possible to add an auxiliary flushing device to the submersible sand suction pump to increase the area that can stir the sand, so that it is not easy to bury the pump when the sand suddenly collapses.
Walker Pump operates the slurry pump according to the slurry pump instruction manual, and does the usual maintenance of the slurry pump. The high-efficiency wear-resistant submersible sand pump provides customers with longer running time at the same unit cost, thereby reducing customer operating costs. Our pump has a relatively long service life and requires little maintenance, which can effectively save production costs. Contact us get the price!