How to Do The Antifreeze Measures of The Water Pump in Winter?
Does the pump need to take antifreeze measures? Are there many people who are also worried that the water pump in use is easy to freeze or even freeze at low temperatures? The liquid in the water pump should be drained in winter, because it may freeze when it encounters a low temperature below zero in winter. After freezing, the internal volume of the pump will expand, and this expansion force will cause the pump body to burst and crack, so the antifreeze of the pump is also a very important maintenance work in the later stage.
When it comes to water pumps, most people think that they are just mechanical equipment, but in fact, water pumps have been applied to various industries and fields. In addition to well-known applications such as industry, fire protection, and farmland irrigation, water pumps have already entered our home use. , and have a closer connection with our daily life.
After we do our own work of keeping warm and anti-freezing, we usually pay attention to the maintenance of home appliances and furniture. In fact, the maintenance and protection of water pumps are also very important. In order to allow our pumps to be used effectively and prolong their service life, especially in cold weather conditions in winter. So what are the antifreeze measures for the water pump in winter?
The antifreeze measures of the water pump include the following aspects:
- After the pump is out of use or the standby pump, in the cold winter season, the water stored in the pump should be drained, and the soil outside the pump body should be cleaned to prevent the pump body and water pipes from swelling and cracking after freezing.
- For cast iron parts such as pump bottom valves and elbows, it is recommended to use a wire brush to clean the rust, apply anti-rust paint and then paint. After the paint is dry, put it in the machine room or space with better ventilation conditions for storage.
- For a water pump driven by a belt, remove the belt and wash it with warm water in winter, and store it in a dry environment without direct sunlight. Do not put it in an environment with oil stains, corrosion, and smoke. No matter what the situation, the belt is always on the belt. Do not touch oily substances such as organic oil, diesel, or gasoline, and do not apply rosin and other sticky substances.
- Check the ball bearing of the water pump. If there are any problems such as wear, roughness, wear of the balls, or spots on the surface, it is recommended to replace them in time. For the bearings that do not need to be replaced, clean the bearings with oil or kerosene, apply butter, and reinstall them.
- Check whether the water pump impeller has cracks or small holes and whether the nut is loose. If necessary, repair or replace it in time. If the impeller is worn too much or is damaged, it should be replaced with a new impeller. If the impeller is partially damaged, epoxy resin mortar can be used. Repair the impeller. The repaired impeller should stop the static equilibrium test, and check the clearance at the wear-reducing ring of the impeller. If it exceeds the specified value, it should be repaired or replaced.
- For the pump shaft that is severely worn or bent, repair or replace the pump shaft, otherwise, the pump rotor will be unbalanced or other components will be worn.
- The disassembled screws should be cleaned with a wire brush and soaked in diesel oil, coated with oil or butter, re-installed, and put away. It can also be soaked in diesel oil for long-term storage to prevent the screws from being rusted or lost.
- Keep the water flowing in the pump for a long time. The opening of the pump valve is suitable for the pump not to reverse. If it is a standby pump, please keep the flow of the inlet and outlet of the pump.
- Check the cooling water of the water pump. Open the water valve on the water pump cooling water a little to keep the cooling water in the pump unblocked.
- Finally, pay attention to checking the lubricating oil of the water pump and crank it frequently.
The main components of the antifreeze of the water pump in winter are the cooling water pipeline and the water valve of the water pump. The thawing measures of the water pump also have a certain sequence method. First, use the cooling water to pour it, do not blow it directly with steam, to prevent the pump body from breaking due to uneven thermal expansion, and wait for the water pump. After normal cranking, the pump body can be sprayed with steam.
Nowadays, many families often use small self-priming booster pumps. Its winter maintenance and antifreeze measures are similar to those of water pumps. Now Walkerpump shares some common sense of maintenance of small self-priming booster pumps that are used more in families.
- After the self-priming booster pump is deactivated in winter, we must release all the water stored in the pump and the pipeline, and clean the external dirt and dust.
- Regularly check and update the vulnerable parts (impeller, bearing, sealing ring, check valve, etc. of the water pump).
- Clean the cast iron parts of the water pump and coat them with anti-rust paint, and store them in a ventilated and dry place after drying.
- Clean the removed screws with diesel oil and apply oil to prevent corrosion or loss.
- After the pump is used, make sure that the stored water is emptied, and check whether the pipeline is sinking. If there is water in the place, drain it out to ensure that the stored water in the pump body can be discharged normally after the pump is stopped and deflated. The return water, the external temperature is too low, and the pipeline is frozen.
- Use cotton wool, towels, waste clothes, etc. to wrap up water facilities such as pumps, water pipes, and faucets that are exposed outdoors to achieve thermal insulation effects.
- For the frozen water pump and water pipe, wait for the ice to melt before turning on the water pump, otherwise, the water pump may be damaged or mechanical failure may occur.
- Thawing method It is recommended to apply a hot towel on the water pipe and then rinse it with warm water to thaw it. Do not directly bake it with fire or scald it with boiling water, so as to avoid cracking the pipe or pump body.
The above is the relevant content about the antifreeze of the water pump summarized by walkerpump for everyone, I hope it will be helpful to everyone.