How to Reduce The Wear of Slurry Pump?
In our provious blog, we’ve conclude some reasons that may cause the wear of slurry pump, and today we’ll give you some suggetions on reducing the wear of slurry pump and extend the service life for your slurry pumps.
The slurry pump is a vertical single-stage single-suction cantilever centrifugal pump structure. The impeller is a semi-open impeller, and there is a stirring blade at the extension of the suction side of the impeller. It is connected with the motor through the elastic coupling, and the pump rotates clockwise from the direction of the prime mover. Mainly used in environmental protection, municipal engineering, thermal power plants, coal gas coking plants, oil refineries, steel mills, mining plants, cement plants, food plants, printing and dyeing industries and other industries to pump concentrated liquid, heavy oil, oil residue, dirty liquid, mud , Mortar, quicksand and flowing sludge in urban sewage channels, as well as fluids and corrosive liquids containing mud and sand residues.
Why it’s important to reduce the wearing of the slurry pump?
It is very necessary to reduce the abrasion of the slurry pump, which can effectively reduce the cost of mineral washing. From the design and manufacture of the pump to the application of the pump in production, there are problems and requirements that should be paid attention to. In summary, there are roughly the following points:
1. The design method should conform to the relevant theory
In the water conservancy design, because the pump conveys a solid-liquid mixture, the characteristics of the solid-liquid mixture should be considered in the design and the two-phase flow theory should be used for the design. At the same time, new scientific research and theories should be referred to to make the shape of the flow-passing part more similar to the motion trajectory of the slurry, which can reduce the impact and friction of solid particles on the slurry pump, thereby reducing wear.
2. Improve the structure
Use reasonable parameters to design the structure. The selection of the blade inlet diameter D has a great influence on the wear capacity and efficiency. For the parts that are prone to wear in the slurry pump, in addition to the improvement in the theoretical design, the structure should also be improved. The parts should be made as replaceable parts as possible. At the same time, better consideration should be given to the structural design. Easy to replace this item.
Three, do daily maintenance work, such as:
(1) Keep the equipment clean, dry, free of oil and leakage.
(2) Check whether the pump’s running sound is normal, whether there is vibration or leakage, etc., and if any problems are found, they should be dealt with in time.
(3) Check whether the oil level in the bracket is appropriate every day. The correct oil level is near the oil level line and should not exceed ±2mm.
(4) It is strictly forbidden to work in the state where the slurry in the pool is evacuated, because the slurry pump working in the evacuated state will not only vibrate severely, but also affect the life of the pump.