17 Practical Ways to Maintain the Slurry Pump
Here are 17 tips for you to maintain slurry pump, thus prolong the service life.
- Keep the equipment clean, dry, free of oil and leakage.
- Daily check whether the oil level in the bracket is appropriate. The correct oil level is near the oil level line and should not exceed ±2mm.
- Frequently check whether the pump operation is abnormal in sound, vibration or leakage, and deal with problems in time.
- It is strictly forbidden to run the pump in the evacuated state, because the pump runs in the evacuated state not only the vibration is severe, but also affects the life of the pump, you must pay special attention.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter metal objects and large solids that exceed the allowable passage of the pump, and it is strictly forbidden to enter flexible objects such as rubber, cotton thread, and plastic cloth, so as to avoid damaging the flow parts and blocking the impeller flow path, making the pump unable to work normally.
- Always check whether the pressure and flow of the shaft seal water and cooling water are appropriate. Check the opening degree of the shaft seal water pipe valve or check the temperature of the stuffing box. When the temperature is high, the water supply is insufficient. For pumps with grease packing, add oil regularly once or twice a day to ensure that the packing is in good lubrication.
- Regularly check the leakage of the shaft seal water. When the leakage increases, the bolts of the packing gland should be adjusted, and the packing should be replaced in time.
- It is recommended to use carbon fiber impregnated PTFE or tallow boiled cotton thread as filler. When the working pressure is not more than 0.5MPa, asbestos filler can be used. The packing method of the packing should be filled strictly according to the following requirements: the length of the packing is determined according to the expanded length of the sleeve circumference, and the incisions should be staggered 120° when packing the rings; after the packing is completed, a test run with water must be carried out and operation Then adjust the gland bolts in detail to achieve a leaking point and not a line state is the best. Packing pressure is very important. It is not only related to the quality of the seal, but also affects the performance of the pump, so sufficient attention should be paid.
- In order to ensure the efficient operation of the pump, it is necessary to adjust the gap between the impeller and the front guard plate regularly (after a period of use, under the same operating conditions, when the current drops slowly) to keep it between 0.75-1.00mm.
- Always check that the bearing temperature should not exceed 75℃.
- After the pump has been running continuously for 800 hours, the lubricating oil should be completely smoother once.
- The standby pump should rotate 1/4 circle per week to make the shaft evenly bear the static load and vibration everywhere.
- If the shutdown time is long, use recoil water to flush the sediment in the pump before starting again.
- Frequently check the looseness of the support mechanism of the inlet and outlet pipeline system to ensure that the support is firm and the pump body is not supported.
- Check the tightness of the pump on the foundation frequently, and the connection should be firm and reliable.
- Special note: For newly installed and overhauled pumps, be sure to test the motor steering before putting on the coupling pin. Use belt drive, that is, after trying the steering, install the drive belt, and the motor cannot drive the pump to reverse. However, it is allowed to reverse the flow of the liquid in the pipe to reverse the pump when the motor is powered off. However, it should be noted that when the height difference is particularly large (≥80m), the backwater flow should be prevented to control the pump to reverse suddenly.
- Before turning on the pump, turn on the shaft seal water and cooling water first, and then turn on the pump; after stopping the pump, turn off the shaft seal water and cooling water after 15 minutes.